Meals On Wheels (Lewisburg/Milton)
Sponsored by RiverWoods Senior Living Community, Meals on Wheels are prepared fresh daily. These hot, nutritious meals are delivered by trusted volunteers throughout the Lewisburg and Milton areas between 11 a.m. and noon, Monday through Friday.
About Our Meal Delivery
- The menu includes a choice of two hot entrées daily, in addition to a starch and vegetable. To make your choice of entrée, menus are sent out mid-month for the following month and returned to the delivery person. Click here to see our March menu.
- Meals may be reheated in a microwave oven.
- Multiple meals can be ordered to have meals for the weekend or supper.
There are times you may not be home to receive your meal. If you still wish to receive the meal, you may put an insulated container outside your home in a protected area and we will drop off the meal.
- The cost of the meal is $3.95 per meal. If cost presents a hardship, financial assistance is available. The adjusted price is based on income. A form to declare income is included in the welcome packet sent to all new clients.
- Meals are delivered throughout the year with the only exception being Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Meal delivery is canceled only when Lewisburg or Milton schools are closed due to bad weather. The cancelation is announced on the radio.
- Monthly bills are placed in the brown paper bag with bread and dessert or mailed to the responsible party at the beginning of each month for the meals received the month prior.
- To avoid a $5 late fee, please pay the bill in a timely manner.
Payment is due by the 15th each month.
- If you need to cancel a meal, please call as soon as possible.
- We do recycle the plastic meal containers; they can be returned with your driver.
- If for any reason you decide that you no longer need to receive meals, you may cancel the service. We ask that you please try 10 meals prior to canceling.
Meals Delivered to Your Door
Jane, Meals on Wheels Customer
Walt, Meals on Wheels Customer
How do I get started?
If you or a loved one are in need of the Meals on Wheels services, please call our coordinator at: (570) 522-1934 Monday – Friday 8 am – 1 pm.
Or, email Cynthia.Walker@AlbrightCare.org. Gift certificates are available, call for details.
Financial assistance is available due to the generosity of those in our community who make monetary donations to the program.
We call it “Neighbor Helping Neighbor.”